Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pots and Pans Band

He prefers to play the pots like the bongos and just hold the utensil in one hand, something tells me that will probably change at some point, but for now it wasn't even that noisy of an activity, so I think we'll definitely try this one again. This first go-round, it only kept Little C's interest for about 10 minutes, but it was fun and made for some cute pictures.






We tried out the Toddler Reading Time at the library this morning. I think it's a little ahead of where we're at right now...the lady that reads is really animated and uses her voice to build suspense and then is really loud and dramatic when there's a 'surprise' in the story. This is something toddlers LOVE, but it scared Little C a lot. He spent a fair amount of story time clinging to me and crying when there was a climactic moment in the plot. He loved all the songs and dancing though, so I think we'll try again next week. Too bad it's only 20 minutes from start to finish. They do have an Infant Reading Time I checked out on Monday. It is more singing and fewer stories, but the songs are really designed to sit and hold your baby, and Little C likes to run around. I saw one walker in the class, but for the most part, it's really little babies. I still might try it out, but I think it's safe to say we're at an awkward in-between stage, where he's getting a little old for infant activities but is still a little young for a lot of toddler activities.

No comments: