Thursday, October 8, 2009

Trip to SA and 1st day of Mother's Day Out.

Last month took a weekend trip to San Antonio to celebrate my cousin Casey's wedding. So happy for him and his new wife Kristina! It was a quick trip, but the wedding was wonderful and we managed to get in a good visit with my brother-in-law and sister-in-law and their two adorable girls who graciously put our motley crew up for the weekend and provided child care while we enjoyed the reception sans Little C. I think we only left a quarter of our belongings behind which is a far cry better that what normally gets left in our wake.

After church we headed over to my cousin Sarah's house for a fun wedding/birthday celebration lunch. We had the opportunity to catch up with all sorts of family we hadn't seen in ages and of course show the little guy off. I don't' know how she fit us all 45 of us in her house and backyard, but she did it and we had a blast!!

We made it home Sunday just in time to start getting geared up for Carter's first day at Mother's Day Out the next day. According to the slip that came home with him, "he ate all of his lunch" (the teacher recommended I pack more next time...go figure, he never eats that well for me!), "he only cried for 10 minutes when first dropped off" (all 10 of which, I was standing outside the door crying myself), and "he loves playing in the kitchen" (maybe we have a budding chef on our hands, wouldn't that be nice!!).

He did not take a nap, and even though the teacher assured me that was pretty normal when they are not used to a nap-mat setting, it meant I picked up a SUPER cranky and over-tired child and the rest of the day was kind of a bear. I've started putting his nap mat in his crib so he'll associate it with sleeping - lets keep our fingers crossed he gets a little more sleep next Monday!

While he was in 'school' I didn't get as much done as I would have liked, just little errands and some light housework....I kept looking at the clock, eager to pick him up!! I'm glad we are starting him in the program now, since I know these days will be like gold when the new addition arrives, but it's still a hard adjustment. One of the biggest hurdles is having to take him down to one-nap-a-day a little earlier than I would like, but it makes the most sense in order to keep his schedule consistent.  I tried to take some pictures that morning, but we were running a little late and my camera flash was acting up, and this is the best I could do. I'll have to take more some other Monday and we'll just pretend it's his 'first day' :)

Sorry, no pics for the next few posts...we have our eyes on a new computer, but in an attempt to be good fiscally responsible people, we are holding off on the purchase for another month or so, and until then, I'm on Mr. C's work laptop which they apparently frown upon employees uploading tons of memory space worth of photos to. So, until the new computer arrives, you'll just have to use your imagination as to how adorable the munchkin is and how incredibly exciting all of these little adventures are :)

No comments: