Friday, October 30, 2009

Look who's talking!

All of a sudden Little C has decided he wants to use words to communicate! I know, I know...I've posted similar announcements in the past, but the brief phenomenons never lasted and the talking was never consistent enough to make me feel like my child could 'talk'. Even now, he's much more of a repeater than an initiator when it comes to talking. He'll point, and then when Mr. C or I say what he's pointing at he'll repeat it (or repeat the first syllable). 'Co' for 'cold', 'ma' for milk', etc. As a result many of his monosyllable words have multiple meanings. For instance, 'ba' means bottle or bath or bottle or even bye depending on the scenario. 'Chee' means the dairy product or the camera (because we always tell him to 'say cheese' when we pull out the camera). 'Tee' means teeth, the letter T, or a tree. And the list goes on, but oddly enough, the one syllable word we have been dreading the most has yet to pop up in his limited vocabulary. That would of course be the word 'no'! :) He's gotten quite good at shaking his head, though, so I don't know how much longer we'll be able to dodge that bullet. Still, it's so nice to know he can actually speak! I'm sure in a year or two I will be begging him for some quiet time, but for now I am reveling every little word crumb he throws our way :)

No comments: