Thursday, September 24, 2009

Radio Silence

I am oh-so-many blog posts behind...let's see, we did our first day of Mother's Day out (and our second), the first MOPS meeting of the year, a trip to San Antonio for my cousin's wedding and a trip to Victoria, but alas, our computer crashed last Sunday and my e-mailing/facebooking/blogging has been subject to the limited capabilities of my now-dead itouch. I need to charge it, but considering we charge all of our igadgets on the afore mentioned computer (may it rest in peace), even my e-mailing and facebooking has been sorely neglected this week.

I know you all stalk my blog for updates, and are crying over the lack of new material, but I really do promise to post several updates when we are back up and running; mainly because this blog is my excuse for not doing a scrapbook or even a decent photo album for our life post-children, and I do plan to print out all my posts someday and have them bound for our enjoyment/amusement, not because I actually think my loyal fans are truly losing sleep at night ;).

Oh, and in case you are curious, our computer is not the only appliance around our house that decided to kick the bucket recently. Our vacuum is busted, the dryer is acting up, the dishwasher is on the fritz, and the spray faucet in the kitchen sink broke. The last two problems, I'm convinced, are a direct result of the fact that we have incredibly hard water and no water softening system, which we always questioned whether we could afford, and are subsequently questioning if we can afford to put it off any longer. And, as if that were not enough, we had a user-related problem with our frige (I though I was making it colder, but apparently I made it warmer) and had to throw out over $150 worth of groceries. So if you are keeping track, that's about a gillion dollars worth of stuff we are sorting though on top of the impending expenses of adding a new child to our home. Jeez, when it rains it pours.

Ok, I'm done with my pity party and putting my big girl pants back on now, but thanks for listening - have a great weekend!

No comments: