Saturday, September 5, 2009

Ok, I have to brag just a little bit :)

This morning we made it in and out of Ikea in less than an hour and found/saw everything we needed to.

This afternoon we bought our first original painting from an actual art gallery - I feel so grown up! It's not a big painting, and it wasn't expensive at all, but it's an original one-of-a-kind and I love it. I feel like I found a little treasure and I can't wait to find the perfect place to hang it in our home.

Then, this evening we enjoyed a delicious and expensive meal completely free of charge. Granted we had to put up with some pretty terrible service, but when we asked to speak with the manager, we were expecting our dessert and/or drinks to be gratis, not the whole meal!! I started to argue and you should have seen the look I got from Mr. C (the most frugal person on the planet). Needless to say, we ultimately took the offer and high tailed it out before they could change their mind!

All in all, the first day of our babymoon/belated anniversary/birthday trip to Fredricksburg has been wonderful! Only hiccup is that Little C has a bit of a tummy bug. He's in the wonderful and capable hands of my mother, though, and she's been sending me hourly updates via text on his food intake and bowel movements. I can't even begin to tell you how much more I love my mom for being 'that grandma' this weekend.

No comments: