Monday, September 27, 2010

It's always darkest before the dawn.

The past few months have been rough, and part of why I started running is I am not very good at it so it hurts.  There is something profoundly purifying about the discomfort. I like to run at night so I can crank the music up and just pound the day away one step at a time. Tonight was especially hard.  I could just feel the negative thoughts creeping in until this song came up.  I've had a thing for Alpha Rev's lead singer since high school.  To say he is talented is an understatement, more like he was put on earth to sing. This video is a Rorschach inkblot, and for many reasons this song has been my soundtrack this past summer.  It's just a reminder to me that life should not be measured or defined by the material and inconsequential, and that a beautiful new beginning can be embraced at any moment you choose.

No comments: