Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Hero's Hero.

Little C took his first out-of-state trip this past week. We had a wonderful trip to Steamboat Springs, CO, but we returned to some sad news. My Grandfather, who had been in failing health for some time, had taken a turn for the worse. Then tonight I got a call from my Dad letting me know Grandad passed away this evening. He was an incredible man, but he hadn't been himself for a while, and we are all grateful he's no longer suffering. My heart aches for my Dad, though. Grandad was his hero, and I know that as joyful as we all are that he is in heaven, goodbyes are never easy.

Check out the memorial blog my cousin created at http://www.gfrmem.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Allison said...

I'm sorry to hear that :( Prayers for your family!

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry for your loss.