Monday, December 8, 2008

A little Yin, a little Yang

Well, we went to Mr C's company Christmas party this weekend and had a BLAST! it was fantastic. I drank more than two drinks, I had coffee (REAL coffee) and ate anything and everything I wanted including a hot dog and tons of cotton candy. The party was a carnival theme complete with games, ski ball, whack-a-mole, a photo booth, and all-you-can-eat cotton candy and carnival food and a swanky dinner (and dessert) buffet. I think I managed to eat 5000 calories in the course of the evening, and unfortunately I'm not kidding or exaggerating.

As for the munchkin, he was at Grammy and Grandad's house having a grand time. HE DID NOT EVEN MISS ME! This was our first night apart remember, but when I walked in Sunday afternoon he barely glanced at me before getting right back to playing. My mom kept saying things to soften the obvious blow to my ego like, "oh, honey, he knew you were coming back," and "you weren't gone that long." Hey, at least we know he can survive with a sitter. I'm already planning my next night out.

All-in-all a wonderful weekend, but after a night of 5000 calorie all-you-can eat/drink fun, I knew the first thing on my agenda this week had to be a trip the gym. No more excuses. I've been avoiding it for so many weeks my elastic-waisted pregnancy jeans are starting to look tempting. And I am proud to report that I went first thing this morning. I even got to work out for a whole hour before Child Watch paged me because my child was having a "I refuse to take a nap" meltdown.

So, I've taken the first step towards getting back into shape. And after we left the gym, what was the first thing I did? Why, head straight to Arby's to try their mint chocolate swirl shake of course! Oh well, I need a reason to go back tomorrow, right?

No comments: